Why Buy Organic Cotton?
All of our kids' clothes here at Poco Mono are made with organic cotton for a bunch of great reasons. The following is a breakdown of why we buy organic versus conventional cotton or man-made fibers.
- Grows without the use of chemical fertilizers, pesticides, and insecticides
- Helps to improve the quality of the land, prevent water contamination, and conserve biodiversity.
- Ensures better health for farmers and families, consumers and entire wildlife eco-systems.
- Wastes less water as it is mostly rain-fed as opposed to irrigated.
- Maintains nutrient rich soil better able to hold water resulting in less water usage.
- Retains its natural oils which create a softness that doesn't compare to conventional cotton.
- An environmentally friendly fiber that is renewable, and biodegradable
- Most chemical fibers are petroleum-based and come from non-renewable resources and are not biodegradable
If we can plan and build our children's wardrobes based on quality over quantity everyone benefits!